If the sky is pink and white


23rd November 2016 was the classic autumnal day, which I have been recently missing. The clouds are beginning to gather pretty densely above Oxford, which means that bursts of rain have been occurring pretty spontaneously. Although it does mark the end to Autumn, it also marks the beginning of the festive season so I can't really complain...


dress, Zara
scarf, Zara
jumper, Topshop
booties, H&M

Today is the 10th of December, which means that we have truly dived deep in to the Christmas season and I am pretty chuffed about this. Last night, I had the first Christmas celebration of this year and it was really lovely. We ate a traditional roast followed by us swapping some presents and lastly a round of Christmas inspired games. I think, above all, this season is just a nice reminder of all that we have to be thankful for. Coupled with the fact that I have been watching the news pretty regularly, it is eye-opening to realise how insignificant most my worries are. Of course, when we're in the midst of stress and doubt we are bound to feel overwhelmed. However it's pretty important to zoom out once in a while and look at the bigger picture. 

Life is so often a whirlwind and this Christmas break I am going to make an effort to plan my time well, so that I wll be able to have some time off. At the end of the day, there's no point in doing half hearted work and I think it's important to aim for a balance between work and rest because being burnt out is the worst feeling- ever (as I am sure we all know too well). 

Recently, to get in to the Christmas Spirit and all (can you tell I'm excited ??), I've been listening to some festive songs. I particularly enjoy 'Blue Christmas' by Elvis Presley', 'Fairy Tale of New York' by The Pogues/ Kirsty MacColl and also 'Do They Know It's Christmas' by Band Aid 20. But to balance it out, I've also been listening to non-festive songs, because festive songs can get a bit too much. In this case scenario, I've been switiching to some Frank Ocean and The Lumineers. Yes, the two are pretty different but it's nice to have a mix and I really don't have a specified music taste (because it can get a bit boring listening to just one genre, in my opinion).

Anyway, that's all for now but I'm going to have a pretty exciting post in a week or so. Keep a look out for it! :)

           Ciao, Jess xx
 p.s. Lastly, I have been eating so many Mince Pies that I am beginning to wonder if I should set a limit because it is getting uncanny.

No comments