To the Future + Beyond

Lately, I've been in a bit of a lazy daydream mode which I guess could be just another side effect of being a student- and dozed up on antibiotics due to the flu season. A perfect quote for a time like this would have to be: “You know that place between sleep and awake, that place where you still remember dreaming? That's where I'll always love you, Peter Pan. That's where I'll be waiting.” from an ever so nostalgic childhood film: Peter Pan of course (it's actually playing in the background, so I'm rather distracted whilst writing this)...
(warning!: extreme cloying (cheesy) new year sob below)

Currently, I've been having quite a different outlook on life which is pretty cool I guess since I'm trying to refocus on the positive sides of everything rather than having that an underlying unnerving feeling of hatred. Although that can be fun-ranting about life- always adds a little character. 
In fact, going back to the somnolent feeling that I've been unconsciously resisting there's surprisingly been a surplus in time to catch up on some classic films. Just a few to name that I enjoyed this season (so far): Good Will Hunting, Harry Potter (classic!), The Book Thief, The Imitation Game, The Great Gatsby and Limitless. Though it is quite a varied mix, I think the range adds to the interesting aspect of the individual perks from each, so I'd definitely watch them all! I mean, it's pretty hard to pick and choose just a few...(of anything actually, pick n' mix sweets are the hardest though!).
jumper, Bershka
vest jacket, Dad's
shorts, vintage (Aunt's - so vintage eh) ;)
boots, H&M
As I've just gone back to school and trying to hit the road running, though extremely failing which is hugely down to myself for not putting in the effort, time and being super distracted. So, I guess as part of the new year and all I'll make some resolutions and share them with you in the next post. Hopefully that'll help me, as well as 'inspiring' you guys; someone seriously needs to hold a gun to my head for me to keep those non-existent(yet!)resolutions. 
Furthermore, I've added in a couple more edited shots because I'm trying to get back in to photography which was a huge obsession and hobby of mine in 2012-2014 that I'd love to rekindle. 
Last but definitely not least, I'd like to say a huge gigantic thank you!  to all of you guys for such an amazing roller coaster of a year and being there to support such a small home of a blog. I'd like to show my gratitude, though I know that can never truly be conveyed online which I'm sorry for. If you're ever wanting to have a chat just a leave a comment below or find me on Instagram/ Twitter, I love responding to you guys and I hope we will all grow together in 2016. 
Have a rad year guys!!!
Wishing you the best for the future and many kisses + hugs from myself! xox
Ciao, Jess xo

12 comments

  1. Amazing editorial photos!
    You look absolutely perfect. Love the shades and plaid :D

    NEW TREND ALLERT POST | Nike Cortez
    InstagramFacebook Oficial PageMiguel Gouveia / Blog Pieces Of Me :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such beautiful pictures! I love watching the Harry Potter films, they've become such classics x
    Holly x The Twins' Wardrobe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks dear! your blog with your twin is so cute, love it! x

      Delete
  3. Your hair is so gorgeous! I have hair envy

    Lauren x | www.laurenapowers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah you're so beautiful and your outfit as well! Lovv. X

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah you're so beautiful and your outfit as well! Lovv. X

    ReplyDelete
  6. J'aime beaucoup tes photos avec le côté vintage, ça change j'adore.
    xoxo

    http://laure-relooking.fr/blog

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have been following you for a while now on Instagram but never checked out your blog but loving it! Definitely got a new follower, btw good luck making new years resolutions as they can be hard to make (and hard to keep up with as well haha)xx

    ReplyDelete