70s Playground Fun


On a rather chilly afternoon mid January, two girls decided that it'd be a fun little idea to go on a little shoot. Though it was unplanned, at least on my half, the photos- thanks to Emma ended up not being too disastrous as they sometimes do. Post-school period, we hit up the little suburb of Oxford: Jericho- aka. hometown to the explosion of art- where I tried my best to rekindle my creativeness from all the January blues...

This little outfit numéro was inspired by the ever so lovely Wes Anderson movies, by which I'm talking of Margot from 'The Royal Tenenbaums'. Although nowhere as cool as Margot's smoking rocker style, I tried to encapsulate some of the 70s essence with the bold clashing colours and loud print. The iconic, yet effortless stripy dress that Margot pulls of her in the movie inspired me to wear a print too. The overall outfit I think is a hybrid between aspects of the film and the evident love of 70s loud prints. 
Recently I binge watched a ton of great films, obviously including the infamous Anderson movies that I can never seem to get enough of. In fact I could easily write a whole essay on just the costume design used, it's just so perfectly created! If you guys haven't yet checked his work out, you must have a watch. I recommend you begin with either 'The Royal Tennenbaums' or 'The Grand Budapest Hotel'. Anderson's work has a unique style to it which distinguishes it clearly from all other films, as he has managed to find a lil niché that works for him. In a few words I'd describe it as: clean edged, colour blocked and (extremely!) artistic.

This is what occurs when you attempt to be as spicy and sassy as Margot- it will never match Gwyneth Paltrow's absolute awesome adaptation of the script.

I hope that Anderson comes out with something soon, as I'm sure it'll be good so my only concern is timing! Can't wait till his other works are released. In the meantime I'll just keep his films on replay, whilst circulating a few others- 'It's Kind Of A Funny Story' is a recently discovered gem too!

Anyway it is nearly 1am and I have class at 8:30am so I better head off. Hopefully see ya soon lovelies!

Ciao, Jess xx

P.S I found a super cool youtube creator: Belle Leigh Smith, she has extremely stylish edited videos- kind of reminds me of the grungy Margot vibe!
 twitter instagram facebook

12 comments

  1. totally love the outfit
    keep in touch
    www.beingbeautifulandpretty.com
    www.indianbeautydiary.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. loving these sots! very 70s indeed! :D
    Pam xo/ Pam Scalfi♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how you experimented your outfit here! Thanks for commenting on Qing's Style. I hope you always keep in touch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a cute outfit!
    clandestine-v.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing outfit as always! Really love your style :) x

    -Leta | The Nerdy Me

    ReplyDelete
  6. i absolutely love the playsuit! and the vintage retro look of the photographs, even the one focused on nature!

    xx from Brighton
    Cate ღ kate/idoscope | youtube

    ReplyDelete
  7. I remember watching The Grand Budapest Hotel over Christmas and although it was somehow a sad ending I loved how it was filmed It was so original! I never heard of The Royal Tennenbaums so I think thats what I will be watching this weekend haha

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a chic outfit...the dress looks amazing on you! xx

    -Mikayla
    http://thetastetracker.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great photos!! Love your outfit!
    Xoxo,
    Love from www.trangscorner.com {a lifestyle, fashion, beauty, and food blog}

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super cute pictures and outfit (and eyeliner)!
    <3
    http://wildvagabondss.blogspot.co.uk/2016/01/70s-playground-fun.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. cute outfit! beautiful photos!

    http://chicglamstyle.com

    ReplyDelete