Dominus Illuminatio Mea

On Monday afternoon, whilst the sun was setting but the air was still lukewarm,  Emma and I decided to head down to a café to get some reading done. Along we way, we passed by Green Templeton College- a lovely little college ground that can be added to my college series...

The name of this post was actually inspired by the motto of Oxford University, which I learnt off Emma, to be 'the Lord is my light'. This seemed to also fit in with the coming of Christmas, which traditionally celebrated the birth of Christ. Therefore to celebrate traditions, I decided to knick the little phrase as the title.
cardigan, Zara
skort, Boohoo
scarf, Zara
boots, H+M
backpack, Fjallraven Kanken- Mustard
One of the my most adored places would probably be greenhouse gardens, as there is just something so eye catching and special about them which I love. Perhaps it's the nature of biology occurring around or maybe the stunning colours that the variety of plants have?
This little outfit was shoved together in a few minutes before going to school, for yet another hectic day. However the outfit did the job well of providing comfort and much needed warmth as the atmosphere drops a degree by the hour ( it seems!).
This bright gleaming shade of yellow if now one of the new additions to the wardrobe, something that I have been longing for ages. Also it has been a much needed item, due to my back nearly breaking each day from the heavy folders brought to school. However the lovely ecstatic colour of the bag really brightens up a dark day and surprisingly cheers me up, which science may have an answer for.
There were so many adorable plants in the petit greenhouse garden, that I just had to capture a few of them. This was in the light of attempting to bring a piece of the essence that day in to this post.
Here's the little video we shot:
Ciao, Jess xx

9 comments

  1. these photos are so beautifully shot! Loving the whole gardening scene ;)
    Pam xo/ Pam Scalfi♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. That green house looks so beautiful, good place to spend your afternoon and take nice photos!

    www.elabellaworld.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely love that yellow backpack! Such a fun piece! Your photos are simply lovely too by the way. Great post!
    xo Kiki
    http://colormekiki.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. These photographs are amazing! Love the yellow backpack too x

    amberakaunu.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, Jess, these photos are absolutely stunning. I wish we had green house gardens like this to take photos in. I think the yellow backpack adds such a lovely touch to the entire look!

    May | THE MAYDEN | Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the scarf and the cardigan together, it looks cute and cozy! And your pictures (and you!) are super gorgeous! I agree with everyone else, I really wish we had greenhouse gardens to visit and take pictures in!

    Sam | http://mybeautycloud.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great outfit, and great photos! I think there's a greenhouse a few blocks away from my house, you definitely influenced me to go check it out!
    Blue Jazzmin

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful photographs, and what a magical location, great find
    I love your scarf, and that backpack is adorable too!

    What Raj Wants

    ReplyDelete