Victoria Albert Museum, London

This autumn has been pretty hectic, but at the same time quite rewarding. It has been quite a struggle finding the right balance between school work and all the extra things in life. Since my mid term exams are now just looming around the corner I've finally knuckled down and gotten some work done, although the pile does seem to continuously grow nevertheless. However a couple weeks agro during the half term I decided to take a little break where I headed down to London with Emma...

One of the main focuses of the day was to visit the Victoria Albert Hall which is absolutely glorious in all its ways. A favourite, of course, being the fashion section that spans across many different eras from the Georgian times to 1960s, 70's and more.
I particularly adore the stunning pieces and designs created during the 60s and 70s which can now be reflected in the variety of trends on the High Street. The wonderful fabrications and set designs are so unique and really set it apart from the usual pieces that we assume to be fashionable nowadays. 
The colours and prints are my favourite parts, especially when incorporated with various fabrics like wool or lace, with some of the fashion pieces reminding me of the set designs in Downton Abbey.
The works of arts and sculptures within the different centuries were also stunning, from wooden architecture to hand-crafted pottery the range was endless. Even the Victoria Albert Museum itself had amazing architecture, which I highly appreciated. 
jumper, Mother's
coat, Primark
jeans, Topshop 'Mom' Jeans
boots, H+M
Of course, I also had to take a little cheeky shot of the Natural History Museum which I unfortunately ran out of time to see. Although now I have one more reason to go back to London, with the others being: visiting Saatchi Gallery + Tate Modern, Bluebird Café, Science Museum and of course shopping around Kingston and Camden. 

That's all for now and I hope you've all had a fulfilling Autumn Season too!

Ciao, Jess xx
Check out my other posts from when I was in London here.

17 comments

  1. Great pictures ! makes me want to go today again :)

    http://allornothing-blog.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful museum and exhibit! I really would like to visit someday! xxxxx

    www.romantiquely.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your grey coat, it looks amazing!
    Join the giveaway on my blog to win a pair of glasses ♥ xx, Venetia

    Venetia | Fashion Blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. These photos are amazing! This looks like such a lovely day!

    Amber | y a c h t s m a a n

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are such great shots! <3
    And, wow, I've never been to the Victoria Albert Hall but it seems to really be worth a visit! :O
    It's so interesting to see how fashion has evolved over the years and how old trends always seem to come back.

    Micky♡
    http://princessfromjupiter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nothing better than a wander around the V&A - looks like you both had a fab day :) x

    Viva Epernay ❤

    ReplyDelete
  7. You always have amazing pictures & I'm sure London was great. Thanks for sharing!

    www.shavae.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. the '70s fashion looks are sick!! also in love w all of the other pictures as well

    badsass.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. This place is so gorgeous. I do love victorian style ^__^

    Linxnee-Beauty, Fashion, Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such amazing pictures, really want to visit now!!

    Pop over to my blog!

    Sarah
    https://everydayconcepts.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful pics! Thanks for your comment on my blog! Following back =)

    www.mermaidinheels.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice place, lovely pictures!


    http://carinazz.blogspot.com.ee/

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm not usually one for museums but it looks like there's actually some really interesting stuff here. Sounds like you had a great time in London.

    www.thesundaymode.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank so much for visiting my blog and commenting. I’m now following you on GFC! Please follow back so that we can keep in touch :) If you'd also like to follow each other on Bloglovin, just follow me and I'll follow right back!
    <3
    katsfashionfix.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nice pictures! <3
    The museum looks fun :)

    Big Dreamer

    ReplyDelete
  16. nice!
    kisses from dubai ♥
    www.mahryska.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful shots!

    xo, Rasa
    www.aimeroseblog.com

    ReplyDelete