Southampton Chills

Just yesterday my friend (Emma) and I decided impromptu-sly to head to Southampton for a day out. To both of our surprise the weather was just a tad chilly, by that I mean around 2° and we were at least 2 layers short of the average outfit that...

However being persistent us, we decided to take a bunch of photos nonetheless and if you look closely enough you can probably tell my fingers were starting to swell up but that's another story in itself.
On our way we had been rocking out to some old favourites, as I've recently become randomly obsessed with songs from over a decade ago. They are classics for a reasons I suppose.
We had also been reading this magazine which contained so many 'ecstatic happiness' shot, therefore I've titled the shot above 'happiness' as the smile I'm doing imitates that ad very well. Even if I do say so myself.
Also for some reason I ended up editing all the shots to be black and white mainly. I think it kind of reflects the temperature and overall atmosphere outside this November. Furthermore they sort of remind me of the 90s old school television shows and silent movies, which I adore.
After this freezing shot we ended up heading to the nearest shopping mall- of course, which ended up being IKEA. So you know, that took up about 5hrs of our lives which I may need to do a blog post about as I bloody love that place. I just automatically turn in to a 5 year old when looking around and end up grabbing about 100 items and wanting them all.
Here's a little sassy shot to end it with + many credits to Emma! xx

Ciao, Jess xx
Check out my other posts from when I was in London here.
Currently listening to: 'I wanna waste my time on you' - The Crookes



23 comments

  1. beautifully photographed
    xx
    http://1finedai.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore your scarf!!

    Lauren x | www.laurenapowers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are an absolute beauty, the photographs are out of this world amazing! xxxxx

    www.romantiquely.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely photos! Really liked it!

    https://theblackdotsite.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I absolutely love those shots you took and honestly, you don't notice how freezing it was just from looking at the photos (which is a good thing, I guess). You look so beautiful, too, btw! <3

    Micky♡
    http://princessfromjupiter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahaha yes, thanks for the sympathy! xx

      Delete
  6. These pictures are stunning, there's such a depth to them and, bonus points, I can't tell that you're freezing! Also props for shooting at the waters edge whilst it was so cold!

    Dana || fashion-dew.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha yess, that's good! & thanks :)

      Delete
  7. Love the photos ♥

    http://photographybyvania.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. u look so pretty,love the simple outfit paired with plaid scarf
    Keep In Touch
    www.beingbeautifulandpretty.com
    www.indianbeautydiary.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. nice shots! I would have frozen :P
    Pam xo/ Pam Scalfi♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. You look stunning...I bet the cold was worth it :)

    Melissa // http://odiamelissa.blogspot.co.za

    ReplyDelete
  11. You look amazing! I love your B&W photos, I agree it does reflect onto the temperature - where is your scarf from? :)

    Pop over to my blog and check out my Xmas giveaway (open internationally!)

    Sarah
    https://everydayconcepts.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fantastic style!
    Have a nice day!
    Angela Donava
    http://www.lookbooks.fr/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice outfit <3 Love it so much!

    xx
    beauthi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete